The Meth Action Coalition has conducted three summits, in 2003, 2005, and 2007. Nearly 400 people attended the 2007 summit, where Dr. Kevin McCauley gave his compelling Disease Model of Addiction presentation. Throughout the day we had breakout sessions that included:
- The Work of Deschutes County Prevention Teams
- Addiction as a Disease - Dr. McCauley continues the discussion ...
- Drug Free Workplace
- Trends in Law Enforcement
- Children at Risk
- "My Life Revolved Around Meth" - panel of recovering addicts
- Deschutes County Drug Court - Honorable Alta Brady
- Dilemna for Health Care Providers - Dr. Woody Peeples
- Treatment Providers and Community Resources
- How to Navigate the Justice System
Please let us know if you'd like to be contacted for future summits.